Based in Bayreuth, Germany
Fireside is a quiet and wholesome game about the breaks on a journey. You play as a merchant who wants to help fellow travellers by exchaning their goods, so everyone has what they need.
We developed a prototype for Fireside at Stay Safe Jam 2020 and kept the project alive in power saving mode through the rest of the year. Then in December we pitched the idea to a panel of industry experts and - after recieving overwhelmingly positive feedback - decided to pursue the project more seriously. In March we recieved funding from the FFF Bavaria and are working on a prototpye for Fireside since April 2021!
- Experience the calm and wholesome atmosphere of evenings at the campfire.
- Handdrawn unique artstyle and animations to highlight a wholesome cast of characters.
- Soundtrack which captures the wholesomeness and calmness of the breaks on a journey.
- Non combat-focused rogue like gameplay! Encounters are meeting new travellers and figuring out what they need rather how to harm them.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "First Stay Safe Jam - Jury's prize" Online, 29 March, 2020
Soundtrack from the Game Jam Demo
Listen on SoundCloud soundcloud.com.
Ever since finishing the game jam demo, we've been releasing monthly updates on Fireside! linusgaertig.itch.io.
About Emergo Entertainment
Games are our passion. We believe games are better when they allow the player to be creative. One possibility to enable the player’s creativity is to implement emergent systems. Using emergence makes entertainment products more enjoyable and serious games more effective!
More information on Emergo Entertainment, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Game Design & Development, Emergo Entertainment
Business Development & Programming, Emergo Entertainment
Narrative Designer, Freelancer